You can't let not knowing what you're doing get in the way of you doing it. Look at our president

Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday? Nah. Movie day

So, after a quick trip to Target, it was decided to spend the morning in a movie. What did we choose? 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'. I could tell you about the movie, but if you've read the book, you'll see the movie.
I wanna talk about the trailers. I suppose, way back in the back of my mind, I knew the new 'Superman Returns' trailer would be shown before the movie. but I forgot. So, the lights go down, the trailers start, and I realize it's the one I was waiting for.
As an aside, anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge geek. To paraphrase a phrase I like, I am 'the kind of geek you can see from space'. I had a 12-13 year old girl compliment me on my Superman t-shirt at Lowe's this evening.. But oddly enough, not my cool Green lantern hat. Hmm.
As the glory of the Superman trailer washed over me, I felt the goose bumps that I expected. That's normal. Ask any geek and they'll tell you that's normal. But at the end of the trailer, I realized I had started to mist up. I'm not sure why, but there I was, getting choked up by this. You know what though? If the movie sucks, I think it could physically hurt me. Don't let me down, guys.

Guess this means I have to quit giving Ali crap about 'Rent'

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

pretty much, yeah...

Oddly enough, this somewhat makes me feel vindicated...

It's ok, I haven't seen the Superman trailer yet. I just might do the same thing. I know I got all goosebumpy when I saw the first teaser for Batman Begins.

3:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares